reviewsmag.co.uk is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites. This does not affect the price that you pay and helps us to get the information to you for free.
If you’re spending endless time prepping food, enjoy making thick sauces or soups from scratch, or have a fear of sharp utensils…then a food processor has your back.
A food processor is a motorised appliance that efficiently preps your food for you. Chopping, blending, mixing…you name it, a food processor can do it. Do you hate monotonous hours at the chopping board, achy arms, and close shaves with a mandolin? They’ll be things of the past with one of these in your kitchen.
At the very least, a basic food processor will come with a bowl, removable lid, a base containing the motor, and a very sharp blade (though they get far more sophisticated than that). And they’re not fussy either – they can take on a complete variety of foods, from onions to hard cheeses, nuts to carrots, potatoes to grapes. With a range of extra attachments, like a grater, juicer, and emulsifying disc, you’ll have it out for every meal.
Most food processors begin at around £20 and go up to £300 – the more expensive it is, the more powerful it will be, the larger the capacity, and the more attachments you will be able to use. But whatever the price, just remember, the two most important things to look out for when you’re considering getting a food processor are bowl size and power.
The best Bosch food processors
If Bosch is the most popular food processor brand, it’s only right we provide you with the inside scoop about your options:
Bosch MultiTalent3 MCM3501MGB
This is the cream of Amazon’s crop. Their top choice, their ‘must-buy’ option. And it’s clear why. With a brushed steel exterior, this £89 food processor is impressive specimen of kitchen apparatus.
- DURABLE AND POWERFUL FOOD PROCESSOR – The Bosch MultiTalent 3 MCM3501MGB 800W motor drives interchangeable attachments and a robust stainless-steel blade. Comes with two speed settings and a pulse function.
- MORE THAN 50 FUNCTIONS: With mixer, chopper and knives this food processor leaves nothing to be desired. Grate vegetables or chop fruit quickly knead bread dough perfectly, mix a tasty smoothie, chop onions, grate carrots, grind coffee beans or chop herbs.
- PREPARES SMOOTHIES: The Bosch MultiTalent 3 comes with a 1L capacity blender so it's easy to prepare tasty smoothies or sauces. And afterwards you can simply put the blender in the dishwasher.
And the performance matches up. Equipped with a huge number of attachments ranging from a plastic dough tool to a grinding blade, a small chopper to a beating disc, you will be able to do a large amount with such a small, compact machine. And surprisingly, for something so neat and little, it has a generous 2.3L capacity and a 700W motor. Sturdy, easy to assemble, producing very little wastage, the MCM3501MGB is ideal for someone first embarking on their journey into the world of food processors.
Bosch MultiTalent3 MCM3301BGB
However, if you think you’ve got a handle on food processing basics, then maybe you’re looking for a little more of a challenge? This £119 Bosch food processor might be what you’re after.
- Experience versatility with more than 30 functions making cooking and baking more enjoyable
- Get effective results with the powerful 800 W motor, suitable for managing high volumes and difficult foods
- Achieve consistent results thanks to the MultiLevel6 knife with three double blades
Great for cooking for small families or groups, it has an 800W motor for those trickier dishes and 30 different functions to choose from.
Bosch MultiTalent8 MC812S734G
This processor is ideal if you’re making large amounts of food, with a 3.8L bowl capacity and 1200W motor it can handle 1.5kg of dough.
- XXL BOWL AND BLENDER: The Bosch MultiTalent 8 MC812S734G 1200 W Food Processor - Features an XXL 3.9 litre bowl and 1.5 litre Tritan blender, in white & brushed stainless steel
- EXTRA POWERFUL 1200W MOTOR: Feel like a professional with the Bosch MultiTalent food processor, with an extra-powerful motor for handling demanding tasks, easily, and multi-functional knife for consistent perfect chopping results
- BLENDS HOT AND COLD LIQUIDS: The high-quality Tritan blender with 1.5L capacity, prepares large amounts of hot soups and ice-cold drinks. The blender is shatter-proof, taste and odour-free and after use you can simply put it in the dishwasher.
But it also comes with a mini chopper for handling small quantities of things like garlic or herbs. We’d be remiss not to mention this model’s most notable trait: the smart tool detection – it automatically sets the right speed for each accessory to help give you the best results. Intuitive or what? Coming with a large number of attachments and up to 50 functions, this £149 food processor will meet all your cooking needs before you even know what they are.
Bosch MultiTalent8 MC812M853G
But if it’s power you’re after, look no further. This Bosch beauty comes with a XXL bowl with a 3.9L capacity and a 1250W motor (pipping the last model at the post for strongest motor).
- Smart tool detection automatically sets the right speed for each accessory for ideal results
- 1250 watts for extra power, for those particularly demanding tasks
- Multifunctional - up to 50 functions for ideal whisking, kneading, chopping, beating, pureeing, grating, rasping, mixing and cutting.
Wow – big and strong. If you’re a chef with demanding tasks ahead of you, you can rely on the £199 MC812M853G, especially as it’s also equipped with the smart tool detection and 50 functions. It’s got that extra intuitive kick that will see you through. And as with all Bosch food processors, it comes with plenty of dishwasher safe accessories ideal for squeezing citrus fruit and making smoothies.
But, as with all purchases, we have to land somewhere. If you’re after a machine that will put your mind at ease, look great, and can cope with whatever you need it to do – big meals or small garnishes – we would have to recommend the £149 Bosch MultiTalent8 MC812S734G. 50 functions. Smart tool detection. A powerful motor and large bowl capacity. It’s a no brainer. If you’re an occasional home-baker, wanting to throw a dinner party, it’ll give you everything you need. But also, if somewhere along the line you suddenly discover a passion for cuisine, it’ll also give you the wings to push into that professional passion.
Of course, there are other brands out there you may wish to have a look at, such as the Breville Sous Chef 12-Cup Food Processor, voted Good Housekeeping’s top pick of 2020. And don’t forget, Kenwood, Ninja, and Tefal. But whatever you choose, make sure to make some impressive, well diced dishes.
The advantages of a Bosch Food Processor
Why should you choose a Bosch food processor? Firstly, there’s loads to choose from. Bosch have spent time developing a wide range of small and large food processors, designed to suit every kitchen and every type of cook. Clearly, Bosch knows their stuff when it comes to food appliances.
Secondly, their innovative technology and many different accessories means some Bosch food processors can take on up to 50 culinary tasks. 50. It’ll be hard to exhaust what a Bosch food processor can do in a hurry.
They also come full-size or compact – so you can choose whichever one suits your kitchen best.
Price wise, Bosch food processors tend to range from £60 – £1,059. This means they cater for all needs and all budgets so whatever you’re after, whether it’s a swanky top of the line addition to your cabinet of motorised appliances or a mini helping hand you can tuck away in a tight corner, Bosch can give it to you.
But if you needed any more reasons to shop Bosch, here’s another: After analysing expert reviews and thousands of user reviews, electricals comparison website Kagoo concluded that Bosch was rated the best food processor brand, scoring an average of 83%.
What can you use a Food Processor for?
Food processors are brilliant for making food from scratch. If you want to turn your hand at cooking (and we mean real cooking where you can make things taste how you like), a food processor is extremely helpful. This means, burgers, dressings, hummus…you can make it all yourself. I mean, who doesn’t want to whip out a home-made sauce at a dinner party and impress their guests?
Because of the ‘pulse’ feature that most food processors have, you can control how finely chopped up your ingredients get, which means they’re excellent for creating chunky sauces like pesto, or salsa, or romesco. But dressings, meatballs, salads, pastes, hummus, potato dishes…it’s all possible with a food processor.
If you enjoyed this article on the best Bosch food processor you might also like to read about the best affordable stand mixer.