reviewsmag.co.uk is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites. This does not affect the price that you pay and helps us to get the information to you for free.
Finding a pair of hair straighteners can be challenging regardless of your hair type. However, for individuals with fine hair, this can be an even more difficult task. When heat is applied to your hair, it can cause damage and breakages, especially when used daily. If you have fine hair, it’s essential to try and find a pair of straighteners designed specifically with your hair type in mind. These straighteners will reduce the chance of damaging your hair while giving you beautiful straight locks whenever needed.
What to look for when purchasing a pair of hair straighteners for fine hair?
When comparing the different straightener options on the market, one of the most important things to look for is a pair with an adjustable temperature setting. For fine hair, it’s best to always use the lowest setting possible, which will reduce the chance of damage to your hair follicles. A lot of the straighteners you’ll see listed below have thin plates, which make styling fine hair easier and they give you results with greater precision. Ceramic plates will help to distribute heat evenly, which will make the straighteners much gentler to use on fine hair. Most of the top brands, such as GHD, Remington and BaByliss, are on our list of recommendations below and offer high-quality products that will be suitable for your hair type.
The Best Hair Straighteners for Fine Hair
GHD Gold Hair Straightener in Iridescent White
These upgraded GHD stylers are ideal for any hair type, including fine hair, thanks to the dual-zone technology which gives the straighteners two heat sensors instead of the usual one.
- dual-zone technology: two new generation heat sensors instead of one; controls the optimum heat from root to tip for smoother, sleeker & healthier looking hair
- optimum styling temperature of 185c: any hotter damages the hair, any cooler and the result is compromised
- smooth, contoured floating plates: glide through hair for quick, frizz-free styling and enhanced salon shine
This ensures that your hair is sleek and healthy after being straightened. The straighteners heat to a temperature of 185°C, which is the optimum temperature for styling without damaging hair. For £159, you can enjoy these high-quality straighteners which make styling your hair each morning quick and easy.
GHD Mini Styler Professional Ceramic Hair Straighteners
Ghd are one of the world’s best makers of hair straighteners, and individuals with fine hair will love this mini styler for £119.
- Ceramic heater technology helps you create a smooth, professional finish
- Automatic sleep mode safely turns the heaters off the styler if left unattended for 30 minutes. 185 degree styling temperature
- Includes universal voltage so you get optimum performance wherever you travel. Dimensions: body length - 263mm, plate length - 80mm, plate width - 12.7mm
The plates use their ceramic heater technology to create a smooth finish to your hairstyle, and with slim plates, this is the ideal model for fine hair. The plates are extremely smooth, so you can run them over your hair without any issues or risk of damage. Your purchase comes with a two-year warranty, and one of the best things about these straighteners is that they automatically turn off if they are left unattended.
Remington Advanced Coconut Therapy Ceramic Hair Straightener
Thanks to its digital controls, you’ll be able to choose the exact temperature you require with these straighteners from Remington.
- Take Care of Your Hair Whilst You Straighten - The 110 mm Advanced Ceramic Coated Plates with Micro-Conditioners are infused with Coconut and UV Filters, offering smooth and shiny looking results
- Salon Performance - The Ultra-Fast 15-Second Heat-Up means you won’t have to wait to start; the Digital Controls up to 230°C mean you can set precisely the right temperature for your hair type
- Integrated Sensor - Senses contact with your hair and reads and regulates the temperature to prevent overheating, giving you 2 x More Protection* from Heat Damage for stronger, healthier results
For £84, these are one of the best options for people with fine hair, and the ceramic coated plates are infused with coconut and UV filter. This reduces the chance of damage and gives you a shiny and smooth finished look. They are quick and easy to use in a rush, as they heat up in just fifteen seconds. When the plates make contact with your hair, the device regulates the temperature to ensure it doesn’t overheat, keeping your hair strong and healthy. Each time you switch these straighteners on, it will remember the last setting you used, so you can be reassured knowing your fine hair will be protected with these straighteners.
Braun Satin Hair 7 ST710 Iontec Straightener
Designed with damaged and fine hair in mind, these straighteners aim to tame frizz to create smooth and healthy-looking locks.
- Iontec technology: effective ionic performance to tame frizz for healthy smoothness and shine
- Moisture level balance: active ions restore the moisture balance of your hair
- Nanoglide ceramic floating plates distribute the pressure evenly to prevent hair damage
Pressure will be evenly distributed throughout your hair, thanks to the nanoglide ceramic floating plates. You can precisely select and regulate the temperature to fit your needs, which is very important for people with fine hair. Try out these straighteners from Braun today for £74.42, and you’ll have instantly smooth and shiny hair.
Remington Air Plates Titanium Ceramic Hair Straighteners
At just £37.49, these straighteners from Remington offer fantastic value for money. They use the world’s first suspended plates, so they’ll move easily and freely through your hair.
- The World’s First Suspended plates – designed to move more freely with your hair and maintain maximum contact with every stroke.
- Featuring Auto shut off, super-quick 15 second heat up time with variable 230°C temperature.
- World-wide voltage plus heat proof sleeve allowing you to style and go.
Remington’s straighteners give you the versatility to straighten your hair one day, and then curl it the next. You’ll receive a three-year guarantee with your purchase, and this device can be used anywhere in the world thanks to its worldwide voltage. One of the best features of these straighteners is that they take only fifteen seconds to heat up, and offer a variable temperature up to 230°C.
BaByliss 2398BU Pro Smooth Straightener
With three temperature settings to choose from, this is the ideal option for anyone with fine hair. It uses advanced ceramics for a super-fast heat-up time and heat recovery.
- 235C salon temperature performance
- 3 temperature settings: 180C, 200C and 235C
- 25% longer tourmaline-ceramic plates
You can choose between 180°C, 200°C and 235°C, and the highest setting gives you salon temperature performance. If you forget to switch your straighteners off, don’t worry, as they will automatically shut off to keep you safe. For just £25.99, they are one of the lowest-priced pairs of straighteners on the market. Your hair will look shiny and smooth once finished, thanks to the tourmaline-ceramic plates which will glide easily through your hair.
Wahl Hair Straighteners Pencil Thin Plate Straightener
At just £24.99, these are one of the cheapest options when it comes to hair straighteners for fine hair. They have thin 15mm plates, which make them perfect for fine or short hair.
- IDEAL FOR SHORTER STYLES - The Pencil Straightener is particularly ideal for shorter styles, tidying up fringes or fly away hair
- QUICK AND EASY – This straightening tool heats up in 60 seconds so you can achieve your perfect style in minutes
- CERAMIC PLATES - The ceramic coated plates retain the hairs natural moisture, to leave the hair shiny and smooth, while being the ideal size to allow easy styling for short hair. Get the look you desire whilst maintaining healthy looking hair
The plates are coated in tourmaline, which helps to retain the hair’s natural moisture. The variable temperature controls allow you to leave this device on a lower setting which is recommended for fine hair.
With hair straighteners for fine hair available to fit all budgets, you’ll be able to find a pair that are the perfect match for your needs. Remember to always use the lower heat setting to begin with, to minimise damage to your hair. It’s important to equip yourself with heat protectant spray, which you should apply five minutes before straightening your hair. This will reduce further damage and breakages and keep your hair healthy and shiny. Straighteners are the perfect tool for completely transforming your look, and you’ll easily be able to style even the finest of hair with any of these straighteners recommended above.
You might also like to read Best Straightener for Thick Curly Hair.