reviewsmag.co.uk is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites. This does not affect the price that you pay and helps us to get the information to you for free.
Gel nails are hands down one of the best creations in the beauty world. They are chic and can elevate any outfit for any occasion. But what makes gel nails at salons so much better than home manicures? One of the major contributors is definitely UV nail lamps.
What Are UV Nail Lamps?
UV nail lamps are devices fitted with special UV lamps and sometimes LED beads in order to properly dry or cure nail gels and shellac. Instead of waiting for gel polish to air dry or facing the risk of ruining a fresh manicure, these lamps are used to quickly dry and set expensive gel formulas.
Best UV Nail Lamp UK
Mylee UV Gel Nail Curing Lamp
The name needs no separate introduction in the world of gel nails. The most prominent feature of this nail lamp is the auto-timer of 120 seconds. You don’t have to worry about pushing buttons to make sure your nails are cured properly.
- MAXIMUM FLEXIBIITY - Mylee UV lamp has a 120 second auto fixed timer so you won't need to worry about pressing any buttons, and a reflective layer on the inner wall of the lamp for an effective cure.
- SALON PROFESSIONALS FAVOURITE UV LAMP - Faster and stronger than any other UV lamp! Professionally designed for instant gel nails curing and nail varnish. Can be used for both hands and feet.
- COMPATIBLE WITH ALL GEL BRANDS - Mylee UV lamp cures all gel brands
It also has an inner reflective wall to boost its efficiency. It is compatible for use with all high-end gel polish brands. The best part is that you can use this lamp for both fingernails and toenails. It’s a quick and fool-proof way to get salon-style gel nails at home.
Unisun LED UV Nail Lamp
Another reliable name in the UV nail lamps market. The Unisun UV nail lamp comes with a smart auto-sensor. The moment you place your hand under the lamp, it switches on automatically. The LCD digital display helps you keep track of the time so that you can get your nails perfectly cured.
This model has timer buttons for 10 seconds, 30 seconds, 60 seconds, and 99 seconds so that you can set your own time with flexibility. It has enough space to cure two hands at the same time. You can use it for your toenails as well. It has a ‘painless mode’, which is basically a low heat mode specially designed for sensitive nails. All these features make it an ideal UV nail lamp for custom usage.
NailStar 36 Watt Professional UV Nail Dryer Nail Lamp
- Salon Quality Results: Compatible with all gel nail polishes to create the perfect gel nail kit, suitable for home or professional use
- Ultra Fast Curing: Cures nail gel liquid in as little as 180 seconds to compliment gel nail polish and comes with 4x 9W UV bulbs to complete the ultimate nail pamper set
- Timers Built-in: Choose from 120 and 180 second fixed timers or constant drying for perfect results every time with this UV Nail Dryer
Nailstar brings forward a UV nail lamp with a compact portable design and simplified operations. It has timers for 2 minutes and 3 minutes, making sure that you have the right setting for any kind of application.
It is powered by four UV lamps of 9W each for even nail coverage from every angle. You can easily use it for hands as well as feet without any trouble. And of course, it works well with all high-end nail gels and shellac.
SUNUV 48W UV Nail Dryer
The SUNUV nail dryer comes with four timer settings of 10 seconds, 30 seconds, 60 seconds, and 99 seconds. It is also equipped with a low-heat or painless mode.
- ➤【Intelligent Temperature Protection】This nail machine has 4 timer settings: 10s, 30s, 60s and 99s (low heat mode). Pressing the 99s button to start the low temperature mode will gradually increase the power output over time, thus eliminating the pain caused by the drying of the gel.
- ➤【Professional All-in-one Nail Dryer】 The professional 48W UV 365 + 405nm nail lamp is equipped with 36 LED beads, which can dry various nail polishes, such as UV glue, engraving glue, hard glue, etc. Our gel nail lamp can shorten your curing time by 60% than other led nail lamps.
- ➤【LCD Display and Smart Infrared Sensor】 LCD display shows the curing time. When you press 10s, 30s, 60s button, the timer goes countdown; When you press the 99s button or when the infrared sensor is triggered, the timer goes count up. Due to the smart infrared sensor, the nail lamp can work automatically without setting the timer.
It utilizes a combination of UV lamps and LED lamps for quick and effective curing. Different kinds of nail gels like UV gels, sculpture gels, builders, and hard gels can be cured using this model.
It includes an auto-sensor function, where the device detects when you place your hand under the lamp. It switches on automatically for 120 seconds and then turns off. Also, the light produced by this lamp is closer to the white sunlight, which makes it safer for use than most UV lamps.
Terresa Upgraded 72W Curing Lamp
This Terresa curing lamp comes with 72W power, which means it cures your nails two times faster than most UV nail lamps.
It uses UV and LED dual light technology comprising 36 combined lamp beads distributed evenly along the interior. This ensures uniform coverage and gets your gel nails treated to perfection.
The design is user-friendly, with a large display keeping you updated about the curing time. It has timer buttons for 30 seconds, 60 seconds, and 120 seconds. The 120 seconds mode is the low heat mode for painless curing. There is also an auto-sensor that automatically switches the device on when your hand is placed on the tray.
It is compatible with all kinds of UV and LED gel nail polishes. Even though it can only handle five nails at a time, it can be used for hands as well as feet. The combination of UV and LED also makes this much safer for your skin and eyes than conventional UV lamps.
Navanino UV Nail Dryer Lamp
Before we dive into the features, can we just appreciate the fact that this nail dryer comes with two nail blades? Definitely a perk! This is another cost-effective UV nail lamp with dual-light wavelength technology that can efficiently cure all kinds of UV gels and LED gels. It can treat four nails at a time, both fingernails and toenails.
- 【4 Kinds of Timing Mode】 NAVANINO nail dryers has 4 timers: 10s / 30s / 60s / 99s, the 99s is the slow heating mode, you can freely choose the curing time of nail polish
- 【Maximum Power and LED Lights】 The power is up to 54W, the led nail lamp is composed of 30 LEDs use dual-wavelength technology (365nm + 405nm) to improve efficiency, UV nail lamp can quickly dry UV nail polish and LED gel, for convenience, also includes 2 nail clippers
- 【Enough Space】 5 nails or toenails nail lamp can be dried at the same time without the need to dry the thumb separately, 180 degrees can heal enough space, you can dry all your nails or toenails (including thumbs) evenly at one time without worrying about side dryness
It has four timer settings of 10 seconds, 30 seconds, 60 seconds, 99 seconds, and 120 seconds, with the last two of them being the low-heat painless modes. It also has an auto-sensor, which turns on automatically when you insert your hand. If you remove your hand for a short time, the timer will pause. The timer will continue when the hand is placed back in. Definitely a winning feature.
LKE LED UV Lamps for Gel Nail Polish
The perfect option for those who are always on the move. This model is compact and convenient for carrying. It has a USB power cord, which can be easily used with a laptop or a power bank.
- ❤️【2 in 1 Light Source】：LetGoShop UV LED NAIL LAMP combine the best of both a UV lamp and LED lamps. Comes with the painless soft nail light that eliminates your fear of hurting your hands, which is different from other high power machine. No harm to your skin and eyes and will not cause any overheat.
- ❤️【Efficient Power】：LetGoShop UV NAIL LAMP adopt 15 LED white light beads which can shorten your drying time，this nail dryer is suitable for your sensitive skin and help you get rid of any worries.Comes with 3 timers 30s, 60s and 90s painless mode and LCD digital display.
- ❤️【Convenient USB plug】：Very convenient and practical comes with USB connector/cable to provide full flexibility, can be powered by a PC/Laptop, Power Bank direct to your Wall socket.Tip:The LetGoShop uv nail lamps only have USB power cord without Plug.
It comes with a dual light source, combining LED and UV for faster drying. It has a digital display and timer buttons for 30 seconds, 60 seconds, and 90 seconds. It also has an auto-sensor for fuss-free usage. It has energy-saving technology, and its dual technology is safer for your eyes and skin.
MarkUK UV Lamp Nail Art Gel Curing Tube Light Dryer
The MarkUV Lamp is a reliable product fit for use in salons as well as at home. It makes use of 4 maps of 9W each. It has reflective interior walls to make sure that the light covers the nails from every angle.
It can be used for both hands and feet to cure top-coats, builder gels, and other diverse applications. You can use the timer button of 180 seconds or simply switch the lamp on or off as per your convenience. It’s really simple to use and will deliver amazing results every time.
The Overall Verdict
It’s wrong to assume that there is a UV nail lamp model that is perfect for everyone. All the models recommended above have their own set of benefits. You have to ask yourself what exactly you are looking for.
Are you looking for portability and power bank compatibility? Then the LKE LED UV nail lamp is a great option for you.
Are you concerned about your safety? You might want to choose a model that combines UV and LED to generate a light that is closer to white light.
If you want speed, Terresa offers the perfect pace for you.
For sensitive nails, you must choose a model that has a low-heat painless mode.
If you are looking for a trusted name, Mylee, Unisun, and NailStar will perfectly qualify your criteria, being three of the most commonly used UV nail lamps.
Analysing your own requirements and then going through the features of each product will help you identify the UV nail lamp best suited to you. Have you chosen your ideal UV nail lamp by now? Get ready to flaunt beautiful nails anytime and anywhere!
Benefits Of Keeping A UV Nail Lamp At Home
UV nail lamps are no longer a salon luxury. Many reliable brands are coming up with affordable products and selling them online so that the style-conscious can get fabulous gel nail polish manicures at home. Here are some of the biggest benefits of owning a UV nail lamp:
The most obvious advantage is getting a gel nail polish perfectly cured in the comfort of your home.
This is a one-time investment that will cut down frequent visits to the salon and help you save money in the long run.
You can get your nails fixed as per your schedule rather than struggling to find a slot at the salon that suits you.
No need to fret over last-minute invites! You can quickly set your gel polish and get ready to dazzle.
If you enjoyed this article you might also like to read about T Gel Shampoo Review