reviewsmag.co.uk is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites. This does not affect the price that you pay and helps us to get the information to you for free.
If you suffer from dandruff or scalp psoriasis like me, I highly recommend T-Gel Shampoo from Neutrogena. I used this shampoo when my head was extremely itchy and scabby (eugh!) and I had noticeable results within 2 weeks. I hope that you enjoy my T Gel shampoo review.
- Fights stubborn dandruff whilst soothing your scalp
- With a triple benefit: Fights flakes, soothes itching and calms redness.
- Contains Neutar, and is a unique coal tar formulation, proven to help treat your scalp.
T Gel Shampoo is Made from Coal Tar
It’s important to note that the main ingredient in this shampoo is Coal Tar. Coal tar is basically a thick dark liquid which is a by-product of the production of coke and coal gas from coal. It is commonly used in medicines and beauty products and tend to give a ‘squeeky clean’ effect. I remember using my Grandma’s ‘Coal Tar’ soap which made me squeeky clean. T-Gel shampoo had a similar effect on my scalp. But it’s important that you don’t use it if coal tar doesn’t suit you or if you have ever had an allergic reaction to coal tar.
Do not use T-Gel Shampoo if…..
T-Gel shampoo is not for everyone. In fact, do NOT use T-Gel shampoo if….
- You are pregnant or breastfeeding (unless recommended by a doctor)
- You have open sores on your scalp or scalp bleeding
- Your scalp is being treated by prescription based products from your GP
- You have heavily bleached or coloured hair (it can affect this)
- You have previously had any allergic reaction to coal tar
- You have an allergy to Sodium Lauryl Ether Sulphate
Benefits of T-Gel Shampoo
T-Gel shampoo is specifically formulated by Neutrogena to treat itchy and flakey scalp disorders. It works particularly well on dandruff, and scalp psoriasis. Neutrogena T/Gel Shampoo is triple action and clinically proven treatment to combat flakes, soothe itching and calm redness.
With regular use (2-3 times a week) there was a noticeable difference in my scabby flakey scalp. You can buy it here.
Tips for using T-Gel Shampoo
Here are my top tips for using T-Gel Shampoo
- Use 2-3 times per week.
- You only need a tiny bit as the shampoo goes a long way – just a teaspoon amount
- Wash twice and rinse thoroughly for full effect
- Make sure that you dry your hair thoroughly after use because leaving hair wet or damp can make itchy and scabby scalp conditions worse.
- When you know that it suits you buy the 250ml bottle as it’s much better value