reviewsmag.co.uk is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites. This does not affect the price that you pay and helps us to get the information to you for free.
When you are cleaning the outside of your car there are two main stages – washing (with sponges) and buffing with a Chamois Leather. This is a type of porous leather which is made from sheepskin which is gentle on your car and will buff up to make it shine.
The Benefits of a Car Chamois
There are many benefits to using a car Chamois leather….
- Buffs up the car to a good shine
- Good value for money
- Absorbs water
- Dries out the car leaving a scratch and smudge free surface
How to use a Chamois Leather on your Car
A Chamois needs to be used damp and AFTER the car has been washed. Make sure that you use clean water, not the water that you washed the car in – always get a fresh bucket. You want to avoid getting any dirt or gravel in the chamois leather as this could cause scratches in the paint and spread the dirt around which is not what you want. As you sweep across the paintwork of the car, you will absorb more water from the wash, so continuously wring it out. When you have buffed the whole car with the chamois the result should be a clean, dry and smudge free look.
Best Value Chamois Leathers
You can pick up a decent leather online on Amazon for around £10 which is excellent value. Here are some of the top products….
- Upgrade your car care routine with Autoglym's Hi-Tech Aqua-Dry synthetic chamois, designed with a unique structure that out-performs traditional natural leather chamois
- " Experience faster and more efficient drying with the Aqua Dry chamois, engineered with superior absorbency and wring-out capabilities "
- This unque car cleaning towel features an innovative design that offers improved absorbency with each use for long-lasting performance
This autoglym Aqua Dry Chamois is Amazon’s choice. It’s a long lasting synthetic Chamois leather which has a unique structure that actually outperforms natural leathers.
- Super soft and highly absorbent, for a fast streak free finish, no man made product can get close for cleaning and drying. Genuine natural leather, 100% bio-degradable, produced using non toxic process
- This genuine Chamois Leather, made using traditional tannery process will provide long lasting drying and polishing service.
- No abrasion means no swirl marks or fine scratching on your paintwork,
If you are looking for a natural leather then this CarMax Extra Large English Premium Natural Chamois Leather is for you. It’s excellent for cleaning car surfaces, glass and mirrors.