reviewsmag.co.uk is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites. This does not affect the price that you pay and helps us to get the information to you for free.
Beards can be as varied, and often as difficult to control as head hair. They can be too bushy, too wild or even too curly in the wrong places. But no matter the specific woe, beard straighteners can provide a general solution for gently taming your hair and making it much more manageable. This not only helps reduce the time you spend on it as part of your grooming routine but also allows you to try out new styles you may not have been able to before. so, what is the best beard straightener uk?
What is the Best Beard Straightener UK for an unruly beard?
Without further ado, here are our picks for the seven best beard straighteners currently on the market:
7. HKBTCH Electric Beard Straightener – £12.99
The HKBTCH Beard Straightener is a brilliant choice with lots of functionality in that sleek shell. This offers a slightly different level on the options of heat with a choice between 180°C or 200°C for straightening different beards and hair.
- Two Adjustable Temperature Modes: Powered at 110 or 220 volts,designed with 2 Temperature Mode for straightening all kind of beard & hair. Quick achieve different styles for all hair and beards, either curl, straighten, volumize or simple brushing.
- Multifunction 2 IN 1: It not only makes your hair smooth and shiny, but also has a natural and long-lasting effect by styling beard / hair, making you fresh all the day. Preventing heat damage and ensuring beard and hair a healthy.
- Innovative and Ergonomic Design: High quality and No-slide handle with a flexible 360°rotating power cord and one control button,simple and easy to use. 360 degrees rotating power cord can prevent entanglement during use. Really helps straighten beard better.
Built to prevent heat damage and sporting an ergonomic design with a 360° rotatable power cord to prevent entanglements and unnecessary bending and wear and tear of said cord.
Offering a simple slide power button that covers its different temperatures, this is a really simple design that’s easy to use for a brilliant price; for when you don’t need all the bells and whistles.
6. GITYB Beard Straightener – £15.99
Speaking of good accessories to accompany a beard straightener, we’re starting off with the GITYB Beard Straightener that comes with Beard Balm oil and a pair of stainless-steel scissors included, all for an accessible price.
- 🎁【2020 Newest Beard Straightener:】 Our Beard Hair Straightener is designed for all types of hair on your beard or otherwise. With the advanced MCH and negative ionic technology, it will reach the desired temperature in 60 seconds, with even heat distribution, and negative ions to nourish your hair. This will quickly tame your hair/beard within a few minutes and guarantee it stays that way all
- 🎁【WHAT'S INCLUDED?】This Upgraded IONIC Beard Straightening Brush comes with natural organic Beard Balm which help to keep your beard styled to perfection and tame fly-aways and Stainless Steel Scissors which can shape your Beards, offers accurate trimming of small parts with safe reliability.This scissor is suitable for all types of beard and mustache and it also can be used for trimming eyelashes, eyebrow, and nose hair etc.we encourage you to compare!
- 🎁【SAFTY/ EASY TO USE:】5 Temperature settings include Low, Med and Hot with temps from 248°F(120℃) to 392°F (200℃) allows you to match any beard type. The anti-scald design of our beard brush straightening protects the skin from heat. The handle and the bristle tips stay cool while the heat from below the brush bristles straighten your beard. It also has 60 min unattended shut-off features to keep you safe.
This straightener boasts Metal Ceramic Heater and ionic technology ensuring even heat distribution but still warming up to the desired temperature within 60 seconds. It offers three heat settings, Low, Medium and High and an overall temperature range from 120° C to 200° C making it ideal for beards of a variety of thicknesses.
Its small size makes it easily manoeuvrable and as well as portable, ensuring that being on the go does not prevent you from having impeccable style. Finally, although not wireless it does sport a 360° Swivel Cord allowing for great freedom of movement and ensuring you don’t ever accidentally burn yourself using it.
Overall, it’s a nifty, affordable gadget with some very enticing addons.
5. SKEY Beard Brush – £17.99
Slightly pricier than our first pick but with a feature that sets it apart, the SKEY Beard Brush has a temperature range from 120° C to 220° C and six different temperature points.
The temperature is adjustable via the power button and a clear and modern looking LCD display above it lets you know exactly what temperature it has been set to. The brush head utilized PTC ceramic technology, which not only ensures even heat distribution but is also incredibly energy efficient. In addition, it stabilizes at the chosen temperature, further ensuring no electricity is wasted.
The handle has a lovely ergonomic design and is comfortably lightweight, making it a pleasure to use.
Finally, it comes equipped with an anti-scald silicone coat, intended to keep users’ hands safe from accidental burns.
We think the extra temperature adjustment features do make the SKEY Beard Brush superior to the GITYB Beard Straightener, but you would have to get your own fancy stainless steel scissors and beard oil.
4. Q&N Beard Straightener – £29.99
If you’re after something simple but effective, then the Q&N Portable Bear Brush is a perfect choice. Simultaneously brushing and straightening beards of any size, keeping them neat and well formed.
- FAST & EFFICIENTLY:this hair straightener brush helps detangle your hair and straighten hair instantly while leaving behind a healthy shiny, sleek, frizz-free hair. As a quick hair stlyler comb, it is also suitable for men's beard and short hair due to its slim and rectangular-shape, which definitely cuts down the time of your styling routine.
- NO DAMAGE:This beard straightener builts in ionic generator,it will spray double negative ions, which can protect your beard from damage. In addition, this heated beard brush can reduce the frizzy, split ends and knotting, and make your beard smoother and healthier. Achieve beautiful straight salon quality beard that will last for the entire day!
- ADVANCED ION TECHNOLOGY:A perfect combination of a durable ceramic plates and break through ION generating bristles gives you a perfect groom and long lasting all day results. this beard comb straightener combines 3 tools in one to give you the most advanced beard iron
To avoid damaging your beard, this brush sports a built-in ionic generator that sprays double negative ions as you use it. Heating in just over 30 seconds, the comb comes with a safety power button that requires it be held down for 3 seconds to avoid accidental activation. In addition, if the device remains unused for 30 minutes, it auto-powers off to save energy and to avoid a potential fire hazard.
The comfortable grip has an LCD screen display embedded with the temperature that is adjustable via the buttons further down. The heat may be adjusted from 150°C to 190°C to accommodate beard types of varying length and thickness.
3. Lidasen Beard Straightener Comb – £29.99
A delightfully sleek and smart 2 in 1 straightener, as many of its kind does, it has advanced technology that release negative ions into the beard to give it a healthy lustrous shine.
- 2 In 1 Straightener: The beard straightener is designed specifically for facial hair and beard, no damaging your beard and burning your face. The beard straightener also can use on your hair. 2 In 1 Straightener keep your beard and hair a long lasting amazing effect a whole day.
- Safety Rapid Heating: The beard straightener brush use advanced PTC heating element which is safe to use. The premium heating speed and stability can quick achieve different styles for all hair and beards, either curl, straighten or simple brushing.
- Advanced Negative Ion Technology: The beard combs for men release negative ions through the four negative ion spray holes preventing heat damage. Through the soft comb teeth it can evenly transfer heat to your beard or hair. Reshape your hair and beards way more lustrously healthy. Helps to smooth frizz and keeps your beards and hair looking healthy and natural shine.
With an ergonomic design, the handle is a delight to hold and the comb itself curves slightly so as to better hug the curves of your face when in use.
Multifunctional and portable, this comb has a total of 6 temperature settings ranging from 120°C to 230°C and an easy to see LCD screen that clearly displays the current heat setting. It also has rapid heating using an advanced PTC element and can reach its maximum heat in around 90 seconds and will have you styling away in no time.
2. Tencoz 2 in 1 Beard Straightener Comb/Brush – £49.99
The Tencoz 2 in 1 is less on the budget side and more on the high-quality side. If you’re looking for a beard straightener that can easily double as a heated hairbrush as well, then this is the gadget for you.
- 【 Multifunctional Beard Brush 】 It is not only a bear straightening brush, but also an electric hair straightener comb. It is professional for men's beard combing and women's hair styling. It helps men straighten or bend their beards, smooth your beard and meet your different styles.
- 【 Quick Heating & Anti Scald 】 Tencoz beard straightener comb using advanced PTC heating technology for faster heating, helps you start hair and beard styling in just one minute, reduces your split ends while helps to smooth frizz and reshape your hair and beard, It is the best partner to maintain the styling for your hair and beard.
- 【 5 Adjustable Temperatures & LCD Display 】 Tencoz electric beard comb has 5 different heating modes, whether it is soft hair or thick beard, it can meet your styling needs. Meanwhile, it keeps the temperature constantly in an mode and pass the temperature evenly to your beard and hair, while protecting your hair, it will not burn your skin.
With PTC ceramic heating technology, it offers the energy efficient yet effective heating we’d expect from a high-quality product. In addition, it’s equipped with the 360° swivel cord, but it also provides multiple heating modes, with a temperature range going from 120° to 210°.
It’s intended for use on both beards and head hair of various lengths and customer reviews speak highly of its immediately noticeable effects. Easily portable, weighing only 360g, but definitely durable, this is a beard straightener to go for if you’ve got money to spare and are looking for versatility and long-lasting quality.
1. VIKICON AXE 2.0 Beard Straightener – £49.99
Drumroll please for our best pick of the bunch – the VIKICON AXE 2.0. Truly living up to its namesake, it’s a much wider straightener than the others on the list and was created with beards in mind.
- [VIKICON Axe2.0 Beard Straightener]- The newest upgraded high-efficiency cordless beard straightener has super battery life, unique appearance, USB rechargeable, LCD display and one-button easy operation. The heated straightener brush can smooth and straighten your beard.
- [Long Battery life] - We have re-improved the battery, longer battery life, longer use time, the portable cordless beard straightener is convenient wherever you go. VIKICON high quality beard straightener comes with a charge cable. A must for home and travel.
- [Advanced Ionic Heat Technology] - The wireless heated beard brush straightener adopts unique ionic heating technology to provide a durable and easy-to-achieve styling within a few minutes. There are 5 different temperature settings, suitable for any hairstyle and beard. It’s designed specifically for facial hair with ceramic elements to avoid damaging your beard and burning your face.
As we’ve come to expect, it uses ceramic elements and Ionic Heat technology, making it safe to put close to your face, but the sleek design and the cool light blue LCD display on its back put it a cut above the rest.
The five temperature settings are industry standard with a 120° C to 200° C heat range, but the entire product is encased in an anti-scald material, doing away with the need for extra covers. For safety purposes, it turns off on its own within 30 minutes of not being used and it can be easily operated with a single button.
But the best part? It’s wireless. That’s right, if you thought the swivel cord was impressive, the VIKICON AXE 2.0 is here to let you know that you can do away completely with any kind of awkward fumble involved in trying to move the straightener around a cable. On top of that it comes with its own charging cable and can be charged in the same way as a mobile phone by connecting it to an outlet or a USB port in a laptop or computer. It’s equipped with a Lithium 4800mAh battery that allows for up to 8 uses after 5 hours of full charge, depending on the temperature it has been set to.
All in all, with its sleek but wide design and incredible portability and manoeuvrability, we think the VICKICON ACE 2.0 blows every other model out of the water.
Choosing the right Beard Straightener
Choosing the right beard straightener for you can involve considering a number of factors including, most obviously, the budget but in case your scratching your head at the weird jargon surrounding these very hot combs and brushes, here are some factors to keep in mind:
Ionic – a term used both for combs/brushes with a heated element and those that generate hot air, ionic refers to the fact that the straightener generates negative ions. As hair is normally positively charge, negative ions help to reduce frizz, resulting in shinier, silkier hair.
Tourmaline/Titanium – These materials tend to boost ionic generation especially in heated brushes and flat irons making them heat up quicker and to a higher temperature and resulting in better overall results. The downside is that the speed an intensity of the heat can be difficult to manage by someone who is not a hair professional and, without careful use, may cause damage to the hair.
Ceramic/Porcelain– While these materials are a little less effective at conducting ions, they do ensure that heat is spread out more evenly. In comparison to Tourmaline and Titanium, hair drying/straightening tools that use ceramic and/or porcelain may not get as hot, but they can be safer for casual, regular use.
Other tools for a Luscious Beard
There is one extra element of beard care that should be considered. No matter how amazing the beard straightener you pick is, you should always make sure you’re taking care of the skin beneath your beard and the hair itself with an appropriate beard oil, conditioner and moisturizer to ensure your hair stays healthy and dandruff free. Additionally, if you find that styling can still be a little difficult even after straightening, using a quality beard wax or gel can always be a good idea.
Ultimately, whatever choice you make, do ensure that you’re consistently taking care of your beard by using appropriate, gentle products to keep dandruff and split ends at bay for longer.
Also, if you’re interested in more beard related accessory reviews, check out our “Best Budget Electric Shavers” article!