reviewsmag.co.uk is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites. This does not affect the price that you pay and helps us to get the information to you for free.
Are you after an affordable but good quality electric shaver? Look no further than this comprehensive guide to the best budget shavers. There are some out there than can cost near half a thousand pounds and they may be really high performance, but a lot of the time you don’t need all the bells and whistles for a satisfying shave. Here, we hope to inform you on what’s really necessary for finding the best budget electric shaver, so you don’t feel the need to shell out.
What to look for in the Best Budget Electric Shaver?
There are a few key features to watch out for when looking for a decent shaver.
It should be gentle and thorough to avoid nicks, cuts and possible discomfort. There’s no reason that a budget shaver can’t account for sensitive skin while giving you a close and even cut.
It should be waterproof to make it easier to clean and to use in the shower, if you’re the type that likes to multitask.
It should have a battery that lasts at least 45 minutes and doesn’t take 8 hours to charge. There’s no sense in getting a shaver that can’t give you the amount of time you need to make sure you finish the job. Also, if you change your mind on the style and want to come back to it later on, you shouldn’t have to wait for hours for it to be recharged and ready to go.
Good shavers can come in two main forms: Rotary and Foil. The following list will be a mix of these. They should all be suitable for both wet and dry shaves to maximise use and practicality for the buyer.
Finally, there is absolutely no reason why a budget shaver can’t look good. Elegance isn’t reserved solely for those with a heftier price tag. We have factored in style and build quality in to our search, so you can have the best selection without breaking the bank.
Spending £500 isn’t very budget conscious. In this list, we want to make sure that you aren’t putting any money that you don’t need to towards a quality electric shaver. We’ve compiled our best picks with price tags under £100 that can still give you the satisfying shave you deserve.
So what are the best brand options when looking for the Best Budget Electric Shaver? Braun, Panasonic and Philips are all well respected, high quality brands with a large selection of shavers available for you to choose from, ranging in price and functionality. But don’t just stick to these brands, as there are plenty others out there that are also surprisingly good.
Don’t worry about picking up a shaver from a minor brand, as there aren’t really any brands to avoid. Generally, if they aren’t very good then they don’t survive for long in this competitive business.
Our Top 5 Picks for Budget Electric Shavers
This brief but informative list includes our top 5 picks, rated based on their value for money.
5. Panasonic ES-RT47 | £29.99
A stylish little model that offers a great deal of power from the high-speed linear motor; it cuts through thicker beards with ease for less pulling and irritation. It also boasts three nano-polished blades supported by round-shaped outer foils to follow your features and cut the base of the hair for a really close shave.
Completely waterproof and sporting a slide-up trim attachment, this wet and dry shaver gives you an average of 55 minutes of shaving and fits in perfectly with our selection for great functionality on a budget.
- High-speed linear motor powers effortlessly through thick beards with less pulling and irritation while shaving
- Wet/dry technology gives the convenience of dry operation or use with foam or gel for a pampering silky-smooth shave
- Round-shaped outer foils follow the contours of your face for efficient coverage and maximum comfort
- Three blade cutting system with 30 degrees nano-polished blades cut at the base of the hair
- Sharp-edge five stage trimmer for more accurate grooming, ideal for moustaches or sideburns
4. Braun PocketGo M90 | £19.99
An interesting little gadget, the PocketGo is a pocket shaver in its purest form. Practically designed with easily replaceable batteries, it requires no charging but can still deliver a clean and thorough shave with 60 minutes of run time. Fully washable under running water it’s good to keep you looking sharp on the go.
The PocketGo M90 includes a slide out precision trimmer to keep your moustache and sideburns in a good shape; the main foil captures hair growing in different directions and adjusts nicely to the contours of your face for a comfortable shave.
- Long hair trimmer to always keep moustache and sideburns in good shape
- The Smart Foil captures hairs growing in different directions
- Extra wide and thin ultra flexing foil for an extra close and comfortable shave
- The MobileShave is fully washable under running water
- Twist cap protects the foil when not in use, but also acts as a handle extension for a comfortable grip
3. Lavieer Electric Shaver | £32.98
Quiet, smart and sporting an easy to read LCD screen, the Lavieer Electric Shaver is a great entry. Coming in at just over £30, the high speed motors, steel blades in the ultra spherical cutter net of the head allow for a great coverage of the contours of your neck and face. Not to be left out, this device is 100% waterproof and sports a pop-out trimmer for precise detail shaving.
The shaver also includes a battery that accommodates 100 minutes of continuous use with just an hour of charging to reach the battery max. Best of all, it’s a simple USB charge which means it can be hooked up in your bedroom, bathroom, by your computer, with a power bank or in your car so you can charge on the go or, if you’re lacking space, find a place for it somewhere functional.
2. Braun Series 3 ProSkin 3010s | £99.99
A little higher in price than the rest of the list, the Braun Series 3 still deserves a spot here as it falls in our price range and is an exceptional bit of kit. With 3 independently floating shaving elements, a micro comb and a precision head, this shaver is capable of a lot and is gentle on your skin.
45 minutes of rechargeable wet and dry grooming, this high performance foil shaver features a quick-recharge function where a 5 minute charge should power your shaver for a full shave. In our humble opinion, this shaver would make a fantastic purchase that would serve you well and it can also be picked up in 3 different colours: red, blue and black.
- 3 independently floating shaving elements adapt to your contours for greater comfort
- A specialised Micro Comb captures more hair in each stroke, for a faster and gentler shave; versus previous Braun Series 3. Tested on 3 day beard
- 45 minutes of shaving with no performance loss, A 5 minute Quick Charge is enough for 1 shave
- The precision head is designed to tackle hard-to-reach areas, like under the nose
- Electric razor designed and engineered in Germany by Braun, wet & dry shaver for use in the shower
1. Philips New Series 3000 | £44.99
The New Series 3000 is an extremely highly rated shaver and for good reason. The 5-directional flex head and built-in pop-up precision trimmer allows for a close and comfortable, wet and dry, shave that glides across your features. Furthermore, with 27 self-sharpening blades and its whopping 60 minutes of shave time with only an hour to fully charge, it’s a real nice addition to this list.
It could even be considered an entry level shaver, super easy to use with a 3-level battery indicator, making it easy for you to get the perfect shave over and over again for a very reasonable price.
- PowerCut Blades: This men's electric shaver with its 27 self-sharpening precision-engineered blades gives a consistent shaving experience for a clean and comfortable shave
- 5D Pivot and Flex Heads: A men's shaver with fully flexible heads, a 5D pivot, flex and floating movements adapting to the curves of your face; comes with a pop-up Philips beard trimmer perfect for shaping your moustache, beard and sideburns
- Ergonomic Handle Design: This shaver for men comes with a non-slip rubber that makes it easy to keep a secure grip and a waterproof body so you can go for that comfortable dry shave or even a wet one with gel or foam
- Cordless Shaver: Features an intuitive indicator with 3 stages so you can see when the battery is low, charging and quick charging; shave up to 60 minutes after a 1-hour charge or for 5 minutes and get enough power for 1 full shave if in a hurry
- Set Includes: A Philips shaver featuring an open flip head that is rinsed with water for cleaning, a protective cap, and a travel case to store everything in one place; perfect for when you're on the go
The matter of fact is that budget shavers can be great and do a fantastic job but sometimes you may be required to do a little more to get the most out of an inexpensive model.
Depending on your hair growth, you may require a slightly different shaving pattern. In general it might be worth shaving more often. For denser hair, try to shave every day or every other day. For light to medium, you could get away with a few days without shaving.
Ultimately, it depends on how quickly your beard grows. After that, it’s worth picking yourself up some pre-shave lotions. These can help you hairs stand upright so the shaver can give you a smoother and closer shave without you going over the same section multiple times to get it how you want it.
When it comes to caring for your electric shaver, don’t forget to wash it regularly! Hair and dirt build-ups can wreck your shaver from the inside, severely reducing its lifespan. If you are able to take off the head of the saver to clean inside, it is advisable to do so after at least every other use.
You can also pick up a nice bottle of shaver lubrication to help keep it running. A decent lubricant can reduce heat build-up, preventing razor burns and irritation. Furthermore, it can greatly extend the life of the foils and blades, and take some of the stress off the motor. The lubricant will help prolong the life of the shaver by a noticeable amount. Take care of it and it will take care of you!
If this guide to finding the Best Budget Electric Shaver helped you out and you are looking for a bit more information to read up on, we think you’ll enjoy our article on: