reviewsmag.co.uk is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites. This does not affect the price that you pay and helps us to get the information to you for free.
Huskies are friendly and intelligent dogs are known to be affectionate, so how can you best look after your husky? This article will give you some grooming tips and introduce you to some of the best grooming tools in order to keep your furry friend looking clean and cared for.
Huskies have a double coat, meaning that they have an upper layer and a lower layer of fur. The lower lair is made up of short, soft, and fluffy hair, and the top layer is more wiry. The undercoat is the area that sheds and is responsible for keeping your dog insulated. This makes it important that you brush your dog regularly to get rid of any loose hairs so that your dog is happier and so that their temperature is better regulated. During the warmer months, the undercoat will shed and it’s important to brush your dog daily in order to remove the loose hairs from shedding and to allow for cool air to reach your dog’s skin. If you don’t brush your husky during shedding season, it is likely that your dog will become too hot and uncomfortable. A good way to reach the undercoat of your dog, and to remove the loose hair from shedding, is to invest in a rake-like brush. Rake brushes are designed to reach the undercoat and remove loose hairs with ease.
Grooming your husky will promote a healthy and shiny coat, while also being sure to keep your dog healthy by allowing them to regulate their temperature better. Removing the loose hairs during shedding season allows the air to circulate better and will be sure to keep your dog cooler during the warmer months. A good guide is to start by grooming your husky with a wide tooth comb, this will remove any tangles or matting, you can then use a rake-like brush to remove the loose hairs from shedding. After using a rake brush, you can then use the furminator to get rid of any remaining loose hairs that the rake brush may have missed.
So, how can you get your dog used to grooming? It is important to introduce grooming to your dog early on. You should hold their collar or lead and brush them, being sure to reward them with treats while doing so. So let’s take a look at some of the best grooming products for your husky that are available online:
- PROFESSIONAL GRADE, PREMIUM BUILD – Don’t fret yourself with sub-par products. Used by veterinarians and professional groomers, Thunderpaws D-Shedz is built with high quality 4-inch stainless steel comb that is built to last and gentle to the skin of your dog and cat. It also comes with a protective cover to increase the life span of the comb
- DESIGNED WITH DOG AND CAT WELLNESS IN MIND – Grooming is recommended by veterinarians and is beneficial for the health and wellness of your family, your pets and you. It relieves stress from your pets from loose hair, increases the bonding between you and your pets and keeps you and your family safe and healthy by keeping hair allergies at bay
- REDUCE SHEDDING BY UP TO 95% - Sick and tired of pet hair all over your house? Worry no more, the Thunderpaws D-Shedz is safe to use and will reduce shedding by up to 95% without damaging your pet’s top coat, while promoting healthier skin and a shiny top coat. Suitable for dogs and cats of all breeds and sizes
This brush is a similar idea to the furminator, it’s a rake-like brush with closely wired ends to ensure that the undercoat of your husky is taken care of. The comb can also be unattached to allow you to clean it easily.
- [Stainless Steel Angled Wire Pings] - Easily grooming the coat without scratching your pet's skin.Perfect for both large,medium,or small dogs and cats,from long to short coats with thick,wiry or curly hair.smartelf Self CleaningSlicker Brush to get all nasty mats out of your pets fur.Removes loose hair,and eliminates tangles,knots and trapped dirt.Your pet will love being brushed!
- [Easy and quick to clean] - When you're done brushing your pet, simply click the button and the bristles retract back into the brush, making it super simple to remove all the hair from the brush, so it's ready for the next time use
- [Comfortable,Durable & Ergonomic Desigh] - Slicker Brush is specially designed with a comfort-grip and anti-slip handle,Comfortable, strong, and durable,which prevents hand and wrist strain no matter how long you brush your pet
This is more of a pin brush style, but it will still get the job done. It may take a little longer than a rake styled brush, but it will still be sure to get rid of your dogs loose hairs and dirt from shedding. The brush also has a button that you can press to retract the needles, this prevents you from having to use your hands to remove the hair from between the bristles. It’s definitely a handy tool.
- 🐾【Best Pet Grooming Tool】Docatgo pet brushes removing up to 95% of dead hair and tangles from your cat and dog easily in just 10 minutes! All sizes of cats & dogs with short, medium and long hair are suitable.Will not harm the pet's skin!Effectively reduce the hair fall of your little cute in the house or car!
- 🐾【Professional Deshedding Grooming Brush】Our deshedder has 4-Inch Quality Stainless Steel Edge with uniformly distributed teeth, quickly and easily removes loose undercoat hair, at the same time promote blood circulation.
- 🐾【Quick Hair Removal Button】Our deshedding brush is equipped with a quick hair removal button, help you to remove the dead hair on the comb teeth.Cleanup takes pressing the button, the hair will fall while ensuring that the brush is always perfectly clean and ready to use.
This is another rake styled brush, perfect for a husky coat. It will help to remove loose hairs from the undercoat, and it will also be easy to clean due to the release button that allows the head to come off.
- 🐶【Double Sided Head】 – Start with 22 teeth of undercoat rake for cutting stubborn knots, mats and tangles without pulling, finish with 90 teeth shedding brush for thinning and deShedding. Professional pet grooming tool effectively reduces dead hair by Up to 95%
- 🐶【No Scratch, No Pain】 -Both sides teeth are end rounded, gently massage the pet skin without any scratch. Meanwhile, teeth inner side is sharp enough to smoothly cut the tough mats, tangles and knots without pulling.
- 🐶【Enjoy Comfortable Brushing】-Soft ergonomic anti-slip grip makes regular combing comfortable & relax. No-rust stainless steel teeth are ultra-durable & easy to clean
This brush is perfect for the two parts of your brushing routine. It has two different rakes, one for detangling, and the other for removing loose hair from the undercoat. This is a great design that will definitely serve you and your doggo well.
You should never clip or shave your husky as it prevents their body temperature regulation from working properly, all you need to do is groom your dog regularly. With the right equipment it shouldn’t take long, and your dog will learn to enjoy the experience. As part of your grooming routine, you may also want to incorporate dog shampoo. Shampoo can help to get rid of loose hairs even further, but it also promotes a healthy and clean coat for your dog. A shampoo glove may be the easiest way to fully groom your dog.
- ✔CRUELTY FREE NATURAL SHAMPOO FOR DOGS: We use only the Highest Quality Natural Cruelty Free Essential Oil Blends, Expect Superb Coat Shine, Itch Relief and Skin Healing from Our Product: No More Uncomfortable Dog Walks Or Worries Of Skin Damage
- ✔PUPPY SAFE ESSENTIAL OILS: Used By Leading Professional Dog Groomers, Our Unique Handmade Shampoo Is Perfectly PH Balanced and Paraben Free, Ensuring The Very Best Coat and Sensitive Itchy Skin Protection
- ✔VITAMIN E RICH NON TOXIC NON IRRITANT FORMULA: No More Worries About Harmful Treatments, Our Products Are Always Cruelty Free and Natural Resulting In Fast Healing and Repairing Of Dog Coat and Skin: Vitamin E is Great for Moisturising and Restoring Cracked or Damaged Areas Of Your Dog or Puppy's Coat and Skin
This shampoo is 100% natural and will help your dog’s coat by promoting healthy hair growth. It is also great for dogs who may have allergies as it soothes itches and is antibacterial and antifungal.
- HAPPY PET: Pets LOVE our gloves and using them on your fur babies is a great way to spend quality time with them while efficiently deshedding loose hair making sure you aren't neglecting your grooming duties.
- CLEAN HOME: Loose fur easily sticks onto our specially designed silicone tips so you can use the gloves to groom your pet and also use it to pick up loose hair on couches, beds, comforters, blankets, clothes and more, making it an excellent all-round product to have - Pet grooming and Pet hair remover in one.
- EASY-TO-USE: Our gloves come with 260 tips - more than any other on the market, making the grooming session a breeze while providing the pets with a relaxing massage. Our Pet Grooming Gloves not only remove dirt and dander but also improve blood circulation while stimulating healthy oils leaving your pet's fur shiny and smooth.
Deshedding gloves are a great way to shampoo your dog as they massage your dog and allow for the shampoo to reach your dog’s skin. Not only that, they can remove any loose hair that you missed while brushing.
For even more cleaning tips for your husky, visit: https://foreverhusky.org/husky-101/grooming.html
If you enjoyed this article you might also like to read about Best Brush for Golden Retriever