reviewsmag.co.uk is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites. This does not affect the price that you pay and helps us to get the information to you for free.
Huskies are friendly and intelligent dogs are known to be affectionate, so how can you best look after your husky? This article will give you some grooming tips and introduce you to some of the best grooming tools in order to keep your furry friend looking clean and cared for.
Huskies have a double coat, meaning that they have an upper layer and a lower layer of fur. The lower lair is made up of short, soft, and fluffy hair, and the top layer is more wiry. The undercoat is the area that sheds and is responsible for keeping your dog insulated. This makes it important that you brush your dog regularly to get rid of any loose hairs so that your dog is happier and so that their temperature is better regulated. During the warmer months, the undercoat will shed and it’s important to brush your dog daily in order to remove the loose hairs from shedding and to allow for cool air to reach your dog’s skin. If you don’t brush your husky during shedding season, it is likely that your dog will become too hot and uncomfortable. A good way to reach the undercoat of your dog, and to remove the loose hair from shedding, is to invest in a rake-like brush. Rake brushes are designed to reach the undercoat and remove loose hairs with ease.
Grooming your husky will promote a healthy and shiny coat, while also being sure to keep your dog healthy by allowing them to regulate their temperature better. Removing the loose hairs during shedding season allows the air to circulate better and will be sure to keep your dog cooler during the warmer months. A good guide is to start by grooming your husky with a wide tooth comb, this will remove any tangles or matting, you can then use a rake-like brush to remove the loose hairs from shedding. After using a rake brush, you can then use the furminator to get rid of any remaining loose hairs that the rake brush may have missed.
So, how can you get your dog used to grooming? It is important to introduce grooming to your dog early on. You should hold their collar or lead and brush them, being sure to reward them with treats while doing so. So let’s take a look at some of the best grooming products for your husky that are available online:
- PROFESSIONAL GRADE, PREMIUM BUILD - Don't fret yourself with sub-par products. Used by veterinarians and professional groomers, Thunderpaws D-Shedz is built with high quality 4-inch stainless steel comb that is built to last and gentle to the skin of your dog and cat. It also comes with a protective cover to increase the life span of the comb
- DESIGNED WITH DOG AND CAT WELLNESS IN MIND ? Grooming is recommended by veterinarians and is beneficial for the health and wellness of your family, your pets and you. It relieves stress from your pets from loose hair, increases the bonding between you and your pets and keeps you and your family safe and healthy by keeping hair allergies at bay
- REDUCE SHEDDING BY UP TO 95% - Sick and tired of pet hair all over your house? Worry no more, the Thunderpaws D-Shedz is safe to use and will reduce shedding by up to 95% without damaging your pet?s top coat, while promoting healthier skin and a shiny top coat. Suitable for dogs and cats of all breeds and sizes
This brush is a similar idea to the furminator, it’s a rake-like brush with closely wired ends to ensure that the undercoat of your husky is taken care of. The comb can also be unattached to allow you to clean it easily.
- [Stainless Steel Angled Wire Pings] - The Self Cleaning Slicker Brush easily grooming the undercoat without scratching your pet's skin and good for preventing skin disease and increasing blood circulation.
- [Quick to Clean]- The self cleaning dog brush only takes 3 seconds to clean due to the pet brushes excellent self cleaning feature. Simply push the button,then you can wipe all hair easily.
- [Effective Grooming]- The pet slicker brush is designed with bristlelike bent pins, can penetrate deep into the undercoat of the pet and effectively remove tangled hair and loose hair by up 95%.
This is more of a pin brush style, but it will still get the job done. It may take a little longer than a rake styled brush, but it will still be sure to get rid of your dogs loose hairs and dirt from shedding. The brush also has a button that you can press to retract the needles, this prevents you from having to use your hands to remove the hair from between the bristles. It’s definitely a handy tool.
No products found.
This is another rake styled brush, perfect for a husky coat. It will help to remove loose hairs from the undercoat, and it will also be easy to clean due to the release button that allows the head to come off.
- 🐶【Double Sided Head】 – Start with 22 teeth of undercoat rake for cutting stubborn knots, mats and tangles without pulling, finish with 90 teeth shedding brush for thinning and deShedding. Professional pet grooming tool effectively reduces dead hair by Up to 95%
- 🐶【No Scratch, No Pain】 -Both sides teeth are end rounded, gently massage the pet skin without any scratch. Meanwhile, teeth inner side is sharp enough to smoothly cut the tough mats, tangles and knots without pulling.
- 🐶【Enjoy Comfortable Brushing】-Soft ergonomic anti-slip grip makes regular combing comfortable & relax. No-rust stainless steel teeth are ultra-durable & easy to clean
This brush is perfect for the two parts of your brushing routine. It has two different rakes, one for detangling, and the other for removing loose hair from the undercoat. This is a great design that will definitely serve you and your doggo well.
You should never clip or shave your husky as it prevents their body temperature regulation from working properly, all you need to do is groom your dog regularly. With the right equipment it shouldn’t take long, and your dog will learn to enjoy the experience. As part of your grooming routine, you may also want to incorporate dog shampoo. Shampoo can help to get rid of loose hairs even further, but it also promotes a healthy and clean coat for your dog. A shampoo glove may be the easiest way to fully groom your dog.
- Cruelty Free Natural Shampoo For Dogs: We use only the highest quality natural cruelty free essential oil blends, expect superb coat shine, itch soothe from our product: no more uncomfortable dog walks
- Puppy Safe Essential Oils: Used by leading professional dog groomers, our unique hand made flea shampoo for dogs is perfectly ph balanced and paraben free, ensuring the very best coat
- Vitamin E Rich Non Toxic Nonirritant Formula: No more worries about harmful treatments, our products are always cruelty free and natural resulting in fast soothing and calming of dog coat and skin: vitamin e is great for moisturising your dog or puppy's coat and skin also a wonderful dog flea shampoo which also helps in repelling fleas which makes it the ideal dog shampoo for smelly dogs
This shampoo is 100% natural and will help your dog’s coat by promoting healthy hair growth. It is also great for dogs who may have allergies as it soothes itches and is antibacterial and antifungal.
- PRIME PET PAMPERING: Pamper your pet with a grooming glove your fur baby will simply love! At Kennels & Kats, we aim to provide practical, comfortable solutions to grooming. Matting & tangles are easily kept at bay with our pet pampering glove. Grooming helps distribute oils throughout your pet's coat, improving the shine and softness of their coat. Our grooming gloves present a perfect bonding opportunity that will have your little one looking their best!
- 260 SILICONE TIPS: Our pet grooming gloves possess 260 tips, more than any other on the market! The flexible tips are designed to gently detangle fur & dirt. Our grooming mitt stimulates your pet's skin, improving circulation and distributing natural oils for a gorgeously shiny coat. The soft rubber nubs softly massage your pet for a relaxing spa-like experience.
- FAREWELL TO LOOSE FUR: Bid farewell to pesky, loose fur covering the house & clothes. Loose fur is easily collected onto the specially designed silicone tips of our grooming glove. You can equally wear the gloves to pick up loose fur & hair on couches, beds, comforters, blankets, clothes & more, making it an excellent all-round product to have - pet grooming & pet hair remover in 1.
Deshedding gloves are a great way to shampoo your dog as they massage your dog and allow for the shampoo to reach your dog’s skin. Not only that, they can remove any loose hair that you missed while brushing.
For even more cleaning tips for your husky, visit: https://foreverhusky.org/husky-101/grooming.html