reviewsmag.co.uk is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites. This does not affect the price that you pay and helps us to get the information to you for free.
A solar charger is useful for many reasons, it’s just one of those things that is handy to have around the house for holidays, walking trips, and even just for keeping in your handbag for emergencies. So let’s take a look at some of the best solar chargers that are available online.
For backpacking, solar chargers are a great investment, whether you’re somebody who likes to take photos on your travels, or whether you just like to have your phone on for emergencies, a solar charger is perfect for you. A solar charger provides you with endless charging on trips where you don’t always have access to electricity. You do get different types of solar chargers, such as a solar power bank charger, or a solar powered charger that has panels.
So, how do they work? We all know that solar products convert sunlight into a form of energy, in the case of a solar charger, it is converted into an energy that can charge batteries, such as the batteries in your phone. Solar chargers are great for recharging your favourite gadgets when you don’t have access to another power source. You get solar chargers that can power phones, cameras, and some are even powerful enough to power car batteries. Another benefit is that they are good for the environment, even if it is a small difference to be charging your phone using solar energy, it’s still a step in the right direction. The only downfall of a solar charger is that it can take a while to power up your product, this is why they work perfectly for backpackers as you can charge your phone as you walk.
Let’s take a look at some of the best solar charging products that are perfect for backpackers:
- SunPower Solar Panel with 3 ports: one USB port with a maximum of 5V/2.4A, one DC output for charging devices from 12V to 18V and another USB output supports fast charging (5V/2.4A, 9V/2A, 12V/1.5A); You can charge two devices simultaneously. Equipped with a unique voltage regulator to ensure stable voltage and current, BigBlue solar charger protects your devices while charging quickly.
- High energy conversion: BigBlue 28W solar charger uses SunPower solar panels which are more flexible, lightweight, unbreakable and very high efficiency compared to ordinary panels. The energy conversion of SunPower monocrystalline panel is up to 23.5%. It directly uses the energy provided by the sun, so it is a device that promotes the preservation of the environment.
- Easy to use and portable: BigBlue 42W portable solar charger is designed to be easily folded and stored in a backpack. It's not much bigger than an iPad. Due to its small size and slim design, it is a good option for outdoor use. Dimensions when open: 68 x 57 x 0.5 cm, folding dimensions: 28 x 14 x 4.5 cm. With its light weight and robustness, it is the best solar charger for backpacking.
Although expensive, this solar charger is a great investment. It features four solar panels and promises a faster charge rate than most other solar panel brands. One of the most appealing features of this product is that it can fold away, this makes it especially appealing to backpackers who don’t have a lot of room to carry any bulky equipment around. It also has two usb ports so you can charge two devices at the same time, again this will be a notable feature for backpackers.
- 【Improved Zipper Storage Bag】The solar charger storage bag uses zippers instead of velcro. You can place your smartphone in the zip pocket while charging, keep it safe and clean, without worrying about the device falling while hanging the solar panel.
- 【ETFE Material, 24% High Solar Conversion Efficiency】Using monocrystalline solar cells covered with highly transparent ETFE material, the solar energy conversion rate reaches 24%. Compared to solar panels made of conventional PET/SEWN material, ETFE is more stable and has longer lifespan. It efficiently converts sunlight into electricity and can provide environmentally friendly energy.
- 【USB-C, PD18W, QC3.0 Fast Charging】3 USB Ports support three output methods, Type-C PD18W, QC3.0 12V/2A(Max), USB-A 5V/2.4A. Each port has a built-in smart IC and auto-resume charging function, which can automatically and quickly recognize your device and charge it with the appropriate current to speed up the charging process. It also has a built-in protection system to ensure the charging safety of solar chargers and devices.
Another foldable solar charger, this one can charge up to three devices at the same time and has four solar panels for powering them. You can hook them onto your bag so that you can charge as you walk, or you can simply lay it out in front of you while taking a much deserved break.
- 【20000mAh Solar Power Bank】The upgraded solar charger with 20000 mAh high-density Li-polymer battery has passed strict ageing tests that provide more than 4 charges for the iPhone 14, almost 3 charges for the Galaxy S22 and over 2 charges for the iPad Mini6.
- 【PD 15W Fast Charger】The type C port supports two-way 15W fast charging to meet the fast charging specifications of various brands of smart phones, saying goodbye to the fear of low battery
- 【3 Outputs】Our solar charger has two USB (2.1A) and one type C output (3A), can easily charge three electronic devices at the same time
This portable solar powered charger is a bank charger that has a solar panel on the bank. The bank then stores the solar energy and you can use it at any time to charge up to two devices. The bank also has an LED light attached to it in case of emergencies, and it is shock proof so you don’t need to worry about it breaking mid journey.
- ☀🔋『Solar Charger with Green Energy』--The portable solar charger has eco-friendly solar panels, which transfer lights into electricity.It great for outdoor enthusiasts and other emergencies.Note:it takes a long time to convert solar energy into electrical power, so you should only use sunlight to charge this portable external battery in case of an emergency.
- ☀🔋『26800mAh High Capacity 』-- Built-in 26800mAh huge capacity enables charging your smart phones about5-8 times.This powerbank can not only be charged, but also has the solar charging function, giving you double insurance without worrying about the equipment running out of power.
- ☀🔋『Protection System』-- By automatically adopting identification technology, Multiple protected circuits protect your devices from over-charging, over-voltage, over-current and short circuit.
This is also a solar portable bank charger that features two usb ports for charging up to two devices at the same time. The solar charger stores the solar energy during the day so that you can use it whenever you need to.
- High-solar efficiency: PowerSolar is equipped with enormous efficiency of 21.5 - 23.5% thanks to its monocrystalline solar cells.
- Huge capacity: equipped with 12 W power – more than enough juice to charge your smartphones, tablets and other devices in an instant.
- 3 devices at the same time: thanks to the three powerful USB-A ports, you can charge up to three devices at the same time at top speed.
This is a smaller solar charger that charges as it takes in sunlight, it does not store the energy. It has three solar panels and three ports for charging up to three devices. The solar panel is also foldable making it perfect for backpackers.
- ✦✦Product Service of Solar Power Bank✦✦ 24 Month Quality Assurance, We can full refund or replacment ✉✉If you have any qustions, please don’t hesitate to contact us
- ◥ 【26800mAh Large Capacity】 AOPAWA [26800mAh] Solar Charger can charge iPhone7 up to 8-9 times, Galaxy S10 up to 5-6 times, Huawei P30 Pro up to 4-5 times, iPad Air2 up to 2-3 times, especially for outdoor enthusiasts
- ◥ 【Universal Compatibility】 Our portable charger is suitable for a wide range of electronic devices which have USB port, It’s the best choice for emergency power supply resources
This solar powered bank charger stores the energy so that you can charge up to two devices whenever you need to. It’s also small and can clip onto your backpack while you walk.
No products found.
This backpack has a built in solar panel and charger that has one usb socket for charging your smart device. The backpack is the perfect design for charging your device while you walk and it’s definitely unique.
You may also be interested in our article on smartwatches, here: Willful Smart Watch