reviewsmag.co.uk is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites. This does not affect the price that you pay and helps us to get the information to you for free.
Ferrets make for interesting animals with their lively personality and their fun-loving nature. They’re becoming more popular amongst pet owners, in the past being used solely for hunting pests. They also have quite a long lifespan, on average living for around nine years, but it’s not uncommon for them to live until fifteen. So if you’re interested in adding one of these fascinating animals to your family, then this article will tell you all you need to know about getting your ferret’s home perfect.
Ferrets make great pets as they are affectionate and can form close bonds with their owner/s. They are also extremely interesting and playful and will definitely make you giggle plenty. Although they can form close bonds with their owner/s, ferrets are sociable animals, so it is highly recommended that you keep at least two ferrets. Keeping only one can lead to your ferret becoming depressed and lonely.
Ferrets can have a strong smell, which is why most people keep their furry friend outdoors. Due to their liveliness, it’s important to buy the largest home that you possibly can when it comes to ferrets as they enjoy their exercise and play time. A cage for two ferrets should be at least 3 metres x 2 metres x 2 metres. When placing your ferret cage, you should keep in mind that ferrets are escape artists and love to dig. So if you have a run attached to your ferret cage, you should be sure to have some wire mesh attached to the underside to prevent your ferrets from escaping. However, to prevent your ferret from getting hurt you should cover the mesh in turf or something similar. You also can’t go wrong with bolting the cage doors, because ferrets are intelligent animals and as mentioned, they are escape artists. Your cage should be strong, and the gaps should be small enough so that your ferret can’t fit it’s head through, otherwise it means that they will be able to squeeze through the bars and escape. Your hutch should also have an insulated sleeping area and it should be big enough for your ferrets to sleep together or apart. You’re also going to want a cage that is weatherproof.
- Ferret Nation includes 2 pans, 2 adjustable shelves, 3 plastic ramps with covers & easily maneuverable stand with 4 locking wheel casters
- Full-width double doors on Ferret Nation small animal cage and removeable shelf provide maximum accessibility for easy cleaning & feeding
- Ferret Nation's wide expanse shelves & full width leak proof pans provide maximized play area & prevent dangerous falls
This is a great indoor cage for your ferrets. It is multi-platform, with four platforms for your ferrets to explore and exercise. There is even a shelf on the bottom for you to store your ferrets food or cleaning supplies. The cage is made out of metal and is also on wheels, meaning that it’s easy to manoeuvre and it is sturdy and secure.
- Large space for your ferrets
- Removable base for cleaning
- Special accessories for ferrets
This is a much smaller indoor option and I probably wouldn’t consider it large enough for two ferrets, if you have the room then you should definitely opt for a larger cage. The cage is sturdy however, with metal mesh bars and a plastic bottom that will make cleaning easy.
No products found.
Another indoor cage, this one also has many layers to it, perfect for your furry friends to explore. The bottom of the cage is plastic and the top is metal mesh, making the cage secure and easy to clean. The cage also sits on wheels, so it can be easily moved, and the door has a secure lock to ensure your ferrets don’t escape.
- 【GORGEOUS AND Spacious】Large Dimensions: 32"L x 21"W x 58"H; 6-Floor; Spacious cage provides room for even the most energetic pets; stylish black, white, and gray colors is great for your small animal
- 【BAR SPACING】0.9-Inch Wire Spacing; Metal Wire Size: 0.78'' and 0.13''; For Medium or Large Size Guinea Pig Chinchilla Ferret Squirrel Hedgehog Rabbit Bunny...
- 【CONVENIENCE】Easy to Clean; Slide out the bottom plastic tray; Urine Guard keep your home clean and Plastic Bottom Mesh keep you pet health; Four opening doors, one on the top and three on the front for easy access into the cage; 4 universal wheels with brakes for easy moving around your home or yard.
This six level indoor cage is also made out of metal mesh with a plastic bottom to allow ease of cleaning. The many levels provide plenty of room for your ferrets to run around and have fun with a large area to explore. It has a door lock to ensure your ferrets don’t plant any escape missions, and it sits atop wheels so that it is easily maneuverable.
- High quality product from the little friends range
- Little friends triple metal rat chinchilla ferret cage on stand
- Superb metal small animal cage on wheels with a stand. easy pull out plastic tray for cleaning. four separate swing round feeding stations with bowls. three secure catched doors. ladder joining levels. wire floor. measures 82 x 54 x 158cm. 3 floors.
This indoor ferret cage also provides many levels for your furry friends to explore, but it also has plenty of storage space on a shelf underneath. The cage is made of metal mesh, with a plastic tray underneath to ensure that cleaning is easy. It has plenty of room for two ferrets, and the fact that it is raised off the floor is also a benefit.
If you want to decorate your ferret’s new home, then a hammock is likely top of your list as these furry creatures just can’t resist lazing away in a hammock. Here is a ferret hammock that you can buy online today:
This ferret bunk bed hammock has enough room for both of your ferrets to relax and enjoy a nap after a day of playing and exploring. It also gives them an extra area to explore.
For more tips on looking after your new ferrets, take a look at: https://reviewsmag.co.uk/best-indoor-rabbit-cage-uk/